Be prepared for your calls
1) Know the stats, prepare the stats and aim for the stats. what is meant by this, is know exactly how many calls are needed to be made in order to book x amount of appointments within x amount of days. Know your stats.
2) Build effective scripts and anticipate the objections upfront.
3) Work with updated and relevant lists of data, generate these lists according to specific target markets.
4) Do research for the industries that fit your target markets, gain as much information as possible so there is always a basis for discussion.
5) Look in places that the competitors are not, this is your green fields. Thinking out the box and most importantly measuring these unfamiliar fields you need to measure to determine if you are hunting in the right places.
6) Most importantly - Follow up on call backs and emails sent from the previous days calling.
Virtual B2B Solutions has a motto that we live by. " The fortune is in the follow up"